CEREC represents the biggest advancement in dentistry in the past 30 years. Using the CEREC system our practice has converted multi-visit, complex treatments into single visit procedures, eliminating the need for temporary restorations, additional injections, and cumbersome impressions. Crown, onlays, inlays and veneers can all be completed in our office while you wait!
Using a 3D scanner CEREC acquires a digital image of your teeth.
Once your digital impression is captured, our team uses CAD (Computer Aided Design) software to design your restoration. The information from the impression is able to give us more precise detail than conventional impressions, leading to a more fitted restoration that will stand the test of time.
Once your restoration is designed on-screen, our in-office milling unit will fabricate your new restoration. We use porcelain materials that have been proven to be as strong as metal. These materials will match the color and contour of your existing teeth, leaving you a beautiful natural smile, in just one visit.
Say goodbye to dental putty impressions, uncomfortable temporary restorations and multiple injections! At Central Park Dentists we use CEREC, a 3D imaging, design and milling system which represents the biggest leap forward in digital dental technology in the past 30 years. By acquiring a digital image of your teeth and fabricating restorations in-house, our Manhattan practice compresses complex restorative treatments into single visit procedures.
Your CEREC appointment at Central Park Dentists incorporates four steps:
1. The 3D CEREC scanner captures a digital impression of your teeth and creates a highly accurate 3D map of your mouth.
2. Once the digital image has been captured, our team uses a CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) system to design your teeth restoration treatment plan. The information from the image gives us more precise detail than conventional impressions, leading to a more fitted restoration that will stand the test of time.
3. The design specifications are sent directly to our in-house milling unit which fabricates your new restoration from a block of solid ceramic or zirconia. These high-grade materials will match the color and contour of your existing teeth, giving you a beautiful and natural smile.
4. The CEREC restoration is bonded to the prepared teeth, and you’ll leave Central Park Dentists the same day with a brand-new smile!
• Dental crowns: a tooth cap fabricated from strong porcelain or zirconia, which completely encases the structure underneath. Crowns are used to treat teeth with more extensive decay or damage, by providing support and a protective barrier for the healthy tooth underneath. CEREC crowns can also be attached to dental implants and secured into the bone where you have a missing tooth.
• Onlays and inlays: stronger than traditional fillings, teeth with more advanced decay require inlays or onlays made from tooth-colored porcelain. Inlays are used when the decay is mostly in the center of the tooth, and onlays are used when decay is more extensive and has spread to the outer portion of the tooth surface.
• Dental veneers: thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to your front teeth. Veneers can be used for cosmetic or restorative purposes to close gaps, change the contour or shape of the tooth, or cover front teeth that have chipped or cracked.
All of these restorations are completed in our office while you wait!
One of the most common dental treatments carried out with CEREC is a dental crown. Dr. Pelts may use a crown to:
• Repair a tooth with extensive decay
• Cover a cracked or broken tooth
• Cover a tooth after a root canal
• Improve the appearance of discolored or crooked teeth
• Preserve a tooth that’s weak due to a large filling
• Replace a missing tooth
First, Dr. Pelts prepares the affected tooth by removing decay or old fillings and replacing missing structure. Next, she uses the 3D camera to produce a detailed image of the affected tooth and designs your crown with CAD software. After your CEREC crown is milled in-house, Dr. Pelts attaches it to the prepared tooth and checks its placement and fit.
1. Same-day treatment: where standard crowns require at least two office visits, CEREC crowns are fabricated and permanently inserted on the same-day. There’s no need to wear a temporary restoration made of metal or plastic while waiting for the crown to be produced in an off-site laboratory, and then go back for a second appointment to have the crown fitted.
2. Less anaesthesia: fewer appointments mean fewer anaesthetic shots required.
3. Natural looking: CEREC crowns are made from tooth-colored porcelain or zirconia material. They perfectly match the color of your teeth, blending into your natural smile.
4. Biocompatible: safe, non-toxic materials are used to make CEREC crowns.
5. Plaque resistant: CEREC crowns resist plaque and staining so your tooth stays healthy and beautiful.
6. Durable: high-quality porcelain or zirconia material used for CEREC crowns is proven to be as strong as metal and designed to last several decades.
7. Accurate: using a specialized camera to take precise impressions of your teeth and CAD/CAM tech to design your restoration is much more precise than a standard crown, and preserves more of the existing tooth.
If you’re seeking a CEREC dental restoration, then look no further than Central Park Dentists. Dr. Masha Pelts and her experienced patient care team are here to transform your smile in just one day!
Dental crowns completely encase an existing tooth to provide strength, protection, and restoration. They can also be secured with a dental implant if you have missing teeth. Dr. Pelts may use a crown to:
Repair a tooth with extensive decay
Cover a cracked or broken tooth
Cover a tooth after a root canal
Improve the appearance of discolored or crooked teeth
Preserve a tooth that’s weak due to a large filling
Replace a missing tooth
CEREC crowns are made and permanently inserted in one dental visit. By comparison, standard crowns require at least two office visits and you’ll wear a temporary crown while waiting for the crown to be produced. Same-day dental crowns are made possible by advanced digital 3-D technology available at Dr. Pelts’ office.
Dr. Pelts will prepare your tooth for the crown by removing decay or old fillings. Then she will use a digital 3-D camera to create a precise map of your mouth and a detailed image of the tooth receiving the dental crown.
Computer-aided design (CAD) software uses the digital image to design a crown tailored to your mouth and dental needs, then the information is sent to an on-site fabrication machine that mills the crown from a block of solid ceramic or zirconia.
Your new crown is matched to the color of your teeth so it looks natural. After it’s made, Dr. Pelts attaches the CEREC crown to the prepared tooth. She then checks its placement and fit, and you then have a new restoration.
The biggest advantage of a CEREC crown is that your tooth is completely restored during one appointment. You don’t have to wait for the crown to be produced, wear a temporary restoration, and then go back for a second appointment to have the crown placed over your tooth.
CEREC crowns offer advantages beyond the same-day benefit:
Quick procedure: the entire process is usually completed within an hour
Less anesthesia: fewer shots required to deliver less anesthetic
Natural looking: CEREC crowns are made from tooth-colored porcelain material
Biocompatible: safe, non-toxic materials are used to make CEREC crowns
Plaque resistant: CEREC crowns resist plaque and staining so your tooth stays healthy
Durable: high-quality porcelain material is strong and durable
Accurate: We use a specialized camera to take precise impressions of your tooth which we transfer and display on a color computer monitor where we apply CAD tech to design the restoration. We use CAM to automatically create a flawless restoration for your tooth.